- I will teach Storytelling, Mime And Movement: Making Learning Creative and Kinesthetic at the University of Connecticut July 9-14, 2017. CONFRATUTE is a conference – institute on creativity and talent development in all subjects (from STEM to STEAM) for all students. Over 400 teachers attend, many for the second, third, and fourth year, to hear lectures and participate in week-long workshop strands! Enthusiasm, engagement, enjoyment help in developing strengths and talents, and raising the ceiling on learning.
- National Storytelling Network Conference: June 28-July 2, 2017. All Our Voices: Stories of Immigration and Migration.
- BookFest Story Slam, April 8th 3:00 pm at Room 160, Eastworks, 116 Pleasant St. Easthampton, MA 01027.
- Connecticut Storytelling Festival & Conference: April 28-29. Connecticut College, New London, CT.
- Story Slam – April 8th, 3:00 pm in Room 160 at Eastworks, 116 Pleasant St., Easthampton, MA 01027.The following tellers are scheduled to share their stories:
- Sue Curewitz Arthen “So There I Was & Here I Am”
- Christine Carlton Australia
- Tim Van Egmond “New Year’s Eve Off I-84.”
- Chris Futia “Nowhere to Run”
- Lauren Mattone “Reunion”
- Alison Murchie ” The Halfway House”
- Dean Nimmer ” Helper”
- Tamara Smith “Change of Plans”
- Jean Pao Wilson “Dogs!”
The second part of the story slam includes any other volunteers from the audience who did not register. They will put their names in a hat to share a story while the audience votes are being counted for the “favorite story” of the day. The person with the favorite story will receive $50 prize. Everyone who tells a story will receive a thank you gift, as well. In addition people whose names are picked from the hat to tell will receive small thank you gifts.
Businesses in the area who help support the story slams (besides ECA+) include Pioneer Valley Fencing Academy, White Square Books, Off the Map Tatoo, Wow-Frozen Yogurt of South Hadley, Storytellers: Nora Dooley, Gail Herman, LANES.Org, as well as Western Nails (72 Cottage St.) and an anonymous giver from GCC.
- March 24-26. League for the Advancement of Northeast Storytelling Conference. Sharing the Fire. Hotel 1620, Plymouth, MA. www.lanes.org
- March 15-16, 2017. Association for the Education of Gifted Underachieving Children (AEGUS) Conference. Cooper Union, New York City. Contact http://www.aegus1.com.