- May 16, 2016 Poetry in Sound and Music, Workshop for DKG Service Org. Contact Gail for further information.
- April 29-30, 2016 Connecticut Storytelling Festival, Workshop– “A Trunkful of Stories” Sat. 4-30, 3:30-5:00 p
- April 24-25, 2016 Performances at Mother Catherine Academy, Mechanicsville, Maryland
- April 9, 2016 2:00 pm Story Slam at BookFest. 116 Pleasant St. Room 160, Easthampton, MA. Gail is the EMCee. The theme is Roots.
- April 1, 2016 9:15 College Story Swap at UMass for Sharing the Fire, LANES Storytelling Conference.
- The Storyteller TV Show with Gail N. Herman. Vimeo and Channel 191. Easthampton Media. Episode 1 is now available at https://vimeo.com/12753049
- Feb. 20, 2016, 11:30-12:30, Emily-Williston Memorial Library, 9 Park St. Easthampton. Storytelling-Writing Group. Adults and students will create their own Story/Poem-origami for the BookFest project. Jean Pao Wilson will bring the paper for the origami. I will guide the story-poem section. Fun for adults and students.
- March 6, 2016, 11:45 am. Unitarian Society of Northampton and Florence. The Art of Storytelling. “Join us in the parlor for a family-friendly presentation by Dr. Gail Herman, professional storyteller and creative arts education consultant. She will tell us a bit about storytelling though the ages and entertain us with a few stories of her own. All ages welcome. Gail would love to listen to any of our stories over the bagels and fruit that will be served! FMI: Rich West at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- March 14, 2016. Wistariahurst Museum, 238 Cabot St. Holyoke, MA. Tickets $7, $5 for members. I will conduct a 90 minute workshop for the general public to help them see how storytelling can be a way of capturing family history. I can’t wait to be back to the beautiful former home that is now the Wistariahurst Museum. It is the perfect place to have a family storytelling workshop.
- March 16, 2016. Greenfield Community College Story Slam and Optional Pre-Slam Workshop. 10:30 am-1:30 pm. Call 413-203-5247 to apply to tell.
- March 19, 2016. Story Slam Workshop. 11:00-12:30. Storytelling Group. All welcome. I will be going over the story slam process for the April 9th event and helping people to frame their story to fit into the 5 minute time limit. The theme is “Roots.”
- April 9, 2016. Story Slam at the Easthampton BookFest. Go to easthamptoncityarts.com/bookfest for more information and to apply to tell.
- April 9, time is TBD
- Where: Eastworks, 116 Pleasant St., Easthampton
- Storytellers are given up to 5 minutes to share a story related to the theme.
- Limited space available.
- Theme of the story slam is “Roots”
- Organized by Gail Herman who will offer workshops prior to the Easthampton BookFest to help you learn how to tell your story. Call 413-203-5247 for more information.
MORE about the theme to inspire your story: “Root canal, root of the problem, gardeningroots, root for your team, rooting for the underdog, historical roots, family roots, digging up the roots, roots of gray hair, Is there a story to share about your root canal? a team you’re rooting for? learning about your family roots? Did you have more success solving a problem when you dealt with the root of the problem?”
–July 10-15, 2016. Confratute, Storytelling, Mime, and Movement: Making Learning Kinesthetic and Creative. Learning through Enjoyment, Engagement, and Enthusiasm. University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT. Teachers, administrators, counselors, parents, college students may call 413-203-5247 for more information, or go to confratute.uconn.edu.
–September and October is Storytelling in the Orchard, Park Hill Rd., Easthampton. Days and Times TBA. This project is made possible in part through partial support from the ECA+, a local agency, and the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.
Read about Recent Events here.